Our official visiting hours are from 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
At the Nurse’s discretion, these hours may be modified for immediate family members or as medical situations warrant. For security reasons, the front doors are locked at 9:00 PM. After-hours visitors must use the main entrance and check in at the registration desk.
Meals for patients, employees and visitors are prepared on-site by our experienced Dietary staff. Hot meals are available in the cafeteria from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM. A deli-style cold case is available to the public until 7:30 PM. 24 hour beverage and snack service from vending machines, as well as complementary coffee are also available in the public dining room for after-hours convenience.
The Hospital maintains a locked area for the safekeeping of money and valuables of a small size. However, we cannot be responsible for the loss or damage to personal valuables unless they are deposited for safekeeping. Because locked space is limited, we strongly encourage you to leave all items of value at home or with a family member.
Klickitat Valley Health has adopted a Tobacco Free Campus policy to provide a safe and healthy environment for employees, patients, and visitors. This means that any smoking must be done off the hospital district campus. Thank you for your cooperation.
Klickitat Valley Health respects your privacy. We understand that your personal health information is very sensitive. We will not disclose your information to others unless you tell us to do so, or unless the law authorizes or requires us to do so.
The law protects the privacy of the health information we create and obtain in providing our care and services to you. For example, your protected health information includes your symptoms, test results, diagnoses, treatment, health information from other providers, and billing and payment information relating to these services. Federal and state law allows us to use and disclose your protected health information for purposes of treatment and health care operations. State law requires us to get your authorization to disclose this information for payment purposes.
For a complete list of our privacy practices: Privacy Practices
UNDERSTANDING YOUR HOSPITAL BILL
Hospital billing is complicated. To help you understand your bill, here are some contact numbers you may need.
- For questions about your bill, contact the Billing Office at (509) 773-4022 x638
- If you would like more information on Financial Assistance, Medicaid, or have questions regarding your statement, call (509) 773-1015 or (509) 773-1062.
- You can make an electronic payment securely with our new Online Payment feature, located in the left column of our website. If you would like to make a payment in person, you can do so at the front office inside the hospital. To make a credit card payment over the phone, call (509) 773-1015 or (509) 773-1062.
- Questions about bills from other providers: Many doctors, lab services, and x-ray readings are a separate business with their own billing and accounting procedures. If you receive a bill from an outside provider and have questions about it, please contact them directly.
- For questions about your health insurance, please contact your insurance company directly.
- Click here for more information on billing.
- Click here for information on Financial Assistance.
CONCERNS OR COMPLAINTS
The staff at Klickitat Valley Hospital want to do everything we can to ensure your stay with us is as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We are very interested in hearing any concerns or suggestions you may have.
If you have a concern regarding your care, please share it with your nurse or their immediate supervisor. Hopefully, we can resolve the problem immediately. If you are not satisfied with the response to your complaint, or the outcome, please contact our Quality Department at 509-773-1017.
We welcome all patient feedback on the care and services we provide, and we encourage you to complete the Quality of Care comment card which you will receive at the time of discharge. You can leave the completed card with your nurse or mail it to us from your home. You may also be receiving a patient satisfaction survey by mail. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing by filling out any of these questionnaires.