Billing, Payments and Insurance Guide
As a not-for-profit, community hospital, Klickitat Valley Health believes in providing high-quality care for all our community members, regardless of their ability to pay.
Paying your bill online
As an added convenience to you our customer you have the option of paying your Klickitat Valley Health medical bill online. Once you enter the portal, please complete all the fields in the billing information section.
Your patient identification number can be found on your medical bill. A verification receipt will be emailed to you upon completion of the transaction. If you choose not to enter an email address simply type N/A and your payment will be processed accordingly.
There are three payment methods available to you: checking, savings, and credit card. Select which method you prefer and enter the information requested. Please indicate your payment amount and click on the make payment icon.
With our new online payment system you have the ability to make payments any time of day and as often as you would like.
Klickitat Valley Health will work with patients who need assistance paying their medical bill. Please call 509-773-1015 to speak with a payment representative.
If you are not able to pay your balance due, please contact us to arrange a payment plan.
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
(voice mail available after hours)
Patient Accounts is located in the KVH Financial Services Building located at 711 Collins Street, Goldendale, WA 98620
- Medicare inquiries: 509-773-4022 ext. 2069
- Medicaid inquiries: 509-773-4022 ext. 2004
- General insurance inquiries: 509-773-4022 ext. 2098
- Workers compensation: 509-773-4022 ext. 2003
Klickitat Valley Health, Attn: Patient Accounts
310 S. Roosevelt, Goldendale, WA 98620
Patient Financial Advocate: 509-772-2838
Please call the above number for assistance for low-income Washington residents with Medicaid eligibility applications. Hours: 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
NOTE: If you have received services provided by a physician, including radiologist, anesthesiologist and emergency department doctor or by ambulance services, you will receive a separate bill. Please pay the appropriate provider.
Online Pay My Bill Refund Policy
In the event a customer is owed a refund due to an over-payment, once verified by KVH, that refund will be tendered to the customer by crediting the original credit card or by mailing a check. All requests are handled in a timely manner as our goal is complete customer satisfaction. For any questions concerning a refund due or about our policy, please contact KVH at 509-773-1015.
What is a co-pay? When is it due?
A co-pay, or co-payment, is the amount of money you will need to pay in addition to what your health insurance covers. This is usually listed on your insurance card.
Your co-pay is due at the time you arrive at the hospital for treatment.
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Credit/Debit card ( Visa, Discover, MasterCard or American Express)
I was in accident at work, what do I do?
If your accident happened while you were at work, you must:
- Report the accident to your employer as soon as possible.
- Tell your employer that you were treated at Klickitat Valley Health because of injuries from your accident.
- Tell the hospital staff that you were in an accident at work and give them the complete name and address of your employer.
Other things to know
- Work-related injuries require that you complete very specific forms, which may be sent to you at your home. If you receive forms at home, you must fill them out completely and return them as soon as possible so the insurance companies can determine who is responsible for the bill.
- KVH does not enter into employer/ employee disputes over your insurance coverage
If your accident is not work-related, you must:
- Provide a current, valid copy of your health insurance card and/or your auto insurance information.
- Automobile injuries require that you complete very specific forms, which may be sent to you at your home. If you receive forms at home, you must fill them out completely and return them as soon as possible so the insurance companies can determine who is responsible for the bill.
- KVH does not enter into disputes over your insurance coverage.
- KVH will file a medical lien when services provided are due to an automobile accident/ premise accident. You will receive a certified letter notifying you of the medical lien.
Before I’m treated, can I get an estimate of the bill?
Yes, estimates are available upon request by calling 509-773-4022.
What if i don’t have health insurance?
If you are uninsured, we will ask you to make a down payment at the time you receive services at Klickitat Valley Health.
The amount of the down payment varies according to the type of services you will be receiving. Examples of down payments are:
- Hospitalization (overnight stay) - $500
- Outpatient Surgery - $500
- Emergency Room/Convenient Care - $50
- Outpatient Services (Sleep, Lab, Radiology, Cardiopulmonary and Therapy, etc.) - $50
If you are not able to make your expected down payment, we will work with you.
If you do not have health insurance, but pay your bill within 30 days, you are eligible for a 20% discount.
Are you eligible for Washington Medical Assistance?
Our patient financial advocate can help you with Presumptive Eligibility determination at: 509.772.2838.
When will I receive a statement?
Statements are sent out monthly for all accounts with a balance due. If you have insurance you will be sent a statement when we determine the balance due is your responsibility.
“Please pay the amount due” upper right side section of your statement. If you are not able to pay the full amount due, please contact us, 509.773.1015, to make payment arrangements.