Preparing for Admission
Thank you for entrusting Klickitat Valley Health with your care. Our professional, caring staff will do their best to ensure that your stay is as pleasant as possible.
To help you prepare for your stay, here is a list of items you should and should not bring with you to the hospital:
For your security and the safety of your personal belongings please leave any valuable items at home or with family or friends. Klickitat Valley Health has no provisions for the safekeeping of your money or valuables and cannot be responsible for loss or damage of your personal belongings.
What to Bring
- Your health insurance plan card.
- Your prescription insurance plan card.
- Personal identification (valid driver’s license, state identification card or passport).
- HMO/PPO referral forms (if required).
- Any outside medical records, X-ray films, or prior test results not taken at KVH (if your physician has requested them).
- Written letter of authorization from your insurance carrier (if you are covered by worker’s compensation)
- A copy of your advance directive or living will.
- All medications you are taking in their original containers.
- Any essential personal items, such as glasses, dentures, hearing aids, walker or wheelchair.
- Personal hygiene items you may need.
- Clothing for your stay and discharge.
- Reading and writing materials if you wish.
- If desired, cash to pay for newspapers, gift shop articles and other items. No more than $20 is recommended.
What Not to Bring
- Credit cards
- More than $20 in cash