Experienced Heart Care in Goldendale
At Klickitat Valley Health, we offer cardiology services through a program with Dr. David Guarraia, allowing us to provide you with proficient and compassionate heart care.
Below are a few common heart problems our cardiologist can help you with:
- Arrhythmia- irregular heartbeat
- Valvular heart disease- valves in the heart working improperly
- Aortic aneurysms- aorta enlarges and can burst, leading to major problems
- Heart infection- viruses, bacteria, and infection can all impede the heart’s functions
- Heart failure- heart pumps too much or too little blood, leading to major complications
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the United States. It is also the umbrella term for all of the aforementioned heart problems above, and more. You can help reduce the risk for heart disease by identifying and avoiding major risk factors. The primary causes are high blood pressure, smoking, obesity, diabetes, lack of exercise, and high cholesterol. However, there are many other factors that could affect your heart including genetic predisposition to heart disease, a stressful lifestyle, and an unhealthy diet.
Dr. Guarraia will work with you to develop a comprehensive treatment plan to fight your heart problem. He is an expert at diagnosing heart problems and prescribing appropriate treatments to maximize our patients’ chances of success.