There’s no longer any reason to live with an open sore.
Every wound has its unique set of circumstances. Our surgery department at KVH is equipped and staffed to address them all, with most treatments covered by Medicare/ Medicaid, HMOs and other private insurance plans. We are expert at caring for people whose open sores have resisted traditional treatment.
Specialists working together for you
KVH is staffed with a team dedicated to healing many different types of chronic wounds. The causes of open sores are complex and our group represents expertise in all of the major areas necessary to handle their varied circumstances and challenges.
Types of wounds we treat
We assess each situation individually and work with you and your doctor to make sure that your treatment plan best suits your needs.
If you have any of the conditions listed below, we can help you.
How we will help you to start healing
- Generally the physician presently treating your wound will refer you to our Surgical Care clinic. Or, you can make your appointment directly.
- When you call for your first appointment, we’ll ask you a few questions about your wound and health in general.
- Before beginning treatment, our team of doctors, nurses, and therapists will thoroughly evaluate your wound and review your health and medical history.
- Tests might be conducted to tell us more about your blood flow and tissue oxygenation as well as to determine if there’s any infection present.
- Together with your physician, we’ll develop a treatment program based on our assessment of your needs. Your program will likely involve regular visits to KVH Surgical Care. Your progress is meticulously documented and adjusted as necessary.
- We are in constant communication with your doctor throughout your care. Once your wound is healed, you’ll return to your doctor for follow-up care. And of course, you’ll continue with your personal doctor for any related ailments like diabetes and hypertension.